Friday, November 19, 2010

Mission Critical


What was useful about the mission critical website was all of its information. In went into depth with each concept and the links made it easy to get to a concept rather than scrolling down the page. It seemed to provide more information than the Epstein text. A confusing part was when I got to the exercises in the qualified statement section.  When I would click on an answer to see if it was right it would take me to a different part of the page and have two answers, so it made answering the other question pointless. In the emotional appeals section, I liked how it listed out other names an appeal may have. For example, appeal to vanity is also known and apple polishing and appeal to fear may also be called scare tactics or appeal to force. The exercises in this section were better than the qualified and specific statement ones.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I chose to comment on your post because it correlates to what I said in mine. I also said that the website was more thorough and easier to use than the Epstein book. There are a lot more details and the topics are clearly laid out. The example Epstein uses in his book can be confusing because he seems to mix in informal commentary in the explanation which makes the topic seem unprofessional or unimportant. Also I agree that the website gave more useful information like the alternate names that certain terms go by as you mentioned. I think that this website is a useful tool for reviewing for future tests.

    ReplyDelete