Saturday, November 13, 2010

Intersting Concept

My interesting concept for this week is reasoning by analogy. While reading what it was I realized that I already use it. It is kind of like when our parents let one of our siblings go out but tell us to stay behind. Sibling A asked her parents if she could go out. They said yes. Sibling B asked her parents of she could go out. They said yes. That is how I use it in an argument. If one gets to go out why should I stay behind? I have always liked working with analogies. They were my favorite part of the SAT’s. Analogies are comparisons between two things. An example is glove is to hand as scarf is to neck. A glove and scarf are things that you wear. One other thing I thought was interesting was sign reasoning, more specifically the logic section. One of the types of syllogism was hypothetical. I never really understood why people would say “hypothetically speaking” and then ask a question. Now I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment