Friday, November 19, 2010

Cause and Effect Website

The cause and effect website was just like our Epstein book. It taught the concept and then provided an example and activity. From last week, I remember that causal arguments are like cause and effect. What I liked better about the website was during the activity it would explain the answer, whether it was right or wrong. In our text, we have the questions and answers in the back but no explanations. If we get an answer wrong we have to figure out why we got it wrong by ourselves. One question I had some difficulty with was number two. The “most significant difference” part threw me off and I did not get it right until try three, but each explanation made sense. Another useful thing was the mention of three factors, “how acceptable or demonstrable the implied comparison is,”how likely the case for causation seems to be” andhow credible the ‘only significant difference’ or ‘only significant commonality’ claim is.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog on the cause and effect web page. I like the web page better as well. I like how you mentioned what it provides and then compared and contrast about what you like from the book and the web page. I like how the web page provides explanations for each of the exercises as well, it does help much better because I think students can learn easier by reading explanations. I agree that the factors were very useful. Overall, I think you did a great job on summarizing and explaining how the cause and effect website was useful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought your blog was very easy to understand. I like how you compared the book with the website and gave reasons as to why you liked the website better. I too, liked the website better because it explained the answers. In explaining the answers, the webpage was more interactive and easier to learn from. I also agree with you that it was faster because in the book you have to figure out what you did wrong but on the webpage it tells you fairly quickly and gives you the true correct answer. Your post explained a lot and was helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I liked your post. I thought it was very good and interesting. Your blog was very easy to understand. if someone didn't understand the website. They would understand it after reading your post. I liked that u related the website to the book. I also liked how you talked about last weeks assignment and said how it went with this weeks assignment.I also liked how you said which one you liked better. I to thought the website was better because it gave you the answers. I also explained the answers as well.Your blog was great to read and it was very helpful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete