Saturday, November 6, 2010

Interesting Concept

My interesting concept for this week is appeal to fear. Out of all the other appeals to emotion, I think this one would be the most effective. It makes people scared and puts them into a vulnerable state. That would make them vote, buy, or do whatever the thing implying the fear wants. Take a look at the following ad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX-QhoihLeI I have a mirror in my bathroom similar to the one in the commercial with a window opposite to it. After watching a scary movie I always get paranoid about something from the movie happening to me during the night. I think that when I close the mirror something is going to come in from the window and do something to me and the ad just makes me want to have some running shoes on hand. Another example of fear taking over us is the scene on TV with person A holding a gun to person B’s head. Person B eventually spills the beans about something from the fear of being shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment