Friday, October 1, 2010

Internet Ad



Random ad I got from Bing. I have never heard of Charmone or worn their shoes so I have no personal experience with the brand. At the bottom, it says their shoes are not just good looking but also comfortable. The shoes pictures looks ok but I don’t know about the comfortable part.  Since I don’t know if that claim is true or false due to my lack of experience, I am going to suspend judgement until I try a pair on. According to the summary box on page 90, I can’t accept or reject the ad.  No experience eliminates the first three. Under “other sources” nobody has ever told me about their experience, so it throws out the first two. That leaves “the claim is put forward in a reputable journal or reference” and “is in a media source that’s usually reliable and has no obvious motive to mislead, and the original source is named.” I got it off the internet, which has reliable and non reliable sources. Bing put the ad up and I don’t see why they would mislead me. I would still use the site if I did or didn’t get a pair of does. The original source is Charmone. I guess I’ll be trying on a pair this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. AV Frias,
    I found your blog post really helpful for this assignment. I completely agree with you; your thought process in your post was very insightful. I also liked how you broke apart your entire reasoning behind the advertisement because you made it easy to see how you were going to judge the advertisement. After reading your post, I went through the same process and realized that I think in the same manner. Its really interesting how textbooks lay out everything that you never really think about in everyday life. Anyways, I just wanted to say thank you for your post and I look forward to reading your blog soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the advertisement that you picked. It was really interesting to a girl who likes to wear heels. It could be really helpful. I liked how you talked about the advertisement and talked about how you felt about it. I like how you said you don't have experience with that brand of shoes but you still gave insight on it because of what the advertisement said. You made it very easy to understand how to pick apart the ad to see if it was reliable and everything else. This ad might make me actually go see about those brand of shoes. Thank You

    ReplyDelete