Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Group Assignment


I thought both group assignments were useful. Our mission for the second project was to research an organization and I learned a lot about my groups organization. We picked the Red Cross and I thought they mostly offered money and supplies to areas of natural disaster. They do a lot more! They have blood donation centers, they help all over the world even when there is not a disaster, and offer health education programs. They also reach out to the entertainment industry which I thought was pretty cool. They provide props for sets like posters and even vans. The other part of the entertainment outreach program is their celebrity cabinet. It is a bunch of celebrities that volunteer for a year then the cabinet changes. I thought my group communicated with each other very well. We all had each other’s schedule and helped answer any questions that came up. I think we all feel more comfortable with each other after the first project.

5 comments:

  1. Hey i really enjoy reading your post because it seems like you learned something new and that is great. To be honest, i just learned something new in the Red Cross. I never knew that celebrities donate their blood to people in need, i thought they just donate money, now i know that i am proven wrong. I also liked how you explained that the Red Cross also offer money and supplies because i thought they only cure the health, another thing i learned. I liked your last sentence when you said that everybody felt comfortable when the first assignment was done because you got to know more about your group members and you got to learn as a group. Thank you for sharing because i just learned something new after reading your post. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, I also thought that both assignments were useful in our class. The second assignment seemed a lot easier than the first one. We chose PETA as our organization and it was cool to learn that they are the largest animal rights organization in the world. It’s interesting to see which celebrities are involved in the different types of organizations there are in the world. I think staying in the same group made the second assignment easier than the first. I think if we had changed groups it might have been more difficult and a bit harder to communicate effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Red Cross organization seems like a very interesting topic to choose. I enjoyed reading you blog and even learned a few things about the organization. I agree with you that both assignments were a great learning oppurtunity and working with a group also helped and made it seem more important. I like how you explained your topic and it seems like you really did some research on it. I would have like to know what part you worked on most though. Although there is a lot of information that you posted about your resent assignment, I'd enjoy learning what part you had to do and how you applied it to this information. Besides that, I enjoyed reading your post, it was an easy read, and those are always the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree with you and Cali Gurl that both assignments were useful to me. I’m guessing I was in the same group as Cali Gurl because we chose PETA as our organization!  I thought it was very interesting to research and to a certain extent analyze an organization, especially since ours was the largest animal rights protection organization in the world. I also agree with you in that it was much easier to communicate with the group in the second project and we worked well together. We were more knowledgeable of each other’s schedules and found time to work together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wrote the intro and celebrity/ad section

    ReplyDelete