Saturday, October 9, 2010

Tutorial

I am more of a visual learner so I really liked how all the tutorials mapped everything out. I like how the claim is in one box then reasons and objections in separate boxes are linked to it. The different colors and shapes were also useful. They made it clear which boxes were contentions or objections.  When arguments became more complicated the mapping was still simple. In tutorial 3, when things like co-premises, and objections and reasons came up for the same argument, the visual was still easy to read.  One part that did get confusing though was how to map strange bedfellows and stranded co-premises. With strange bedfellows both reasons were in green so the X did not make sense. Then I figured out they should not be connected because if a co-premise comes up, it would be linked to the reason. In 3.6 of the tutorial, a similar thing happened with a co-premise having its own box making it seem like a reason.

1 comment:

  1. I really think that the tutorial map is really helpful as well. I think that the way it is lay out help most people to visualize how things work and what are what. I think that by dividing the map into different parts due to their topic and than into sub-topic make things very easily to understand. I think by using the map, it helps to really break down things and see how things work. I think that the tutorial really help in many ways. I think that it also make many things easier to understand compare to the book. Because the tutorial has break things down visually, so people can see it. It is also a really good way to review for the material as well.

    ReplyDelete