Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Learning

I learned a ton of new concepts throughout the semester but probably the one that will stick in my head is the tests for an argument to be good. The premise has to be plausible, more plausible than the conclusion, and the argument should be valid or strong to be considered good. They are all simple things to check for. It is not as complex as fallacies were. With those, there were different types and then those had subcategories.  If you look at content fallacies, there are ten sub points. I don’t think I even know what half of them are. One thing I learned during the first couple of weeks are how bad some of my arguments can be. Since then I watch what I say and try to be as detailed as possible to avoid vagueness. I look at arguments on TV shows that I watch and analyze them to see if they are valid or rubbish teenage drama. This class is the one where I have put more newly acquired information to use in life, besides reading writing and math.

No comments:

Post a Comment