Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Favorites

My favorite thing about the class was something that I sometimes dreaded, comments. Whenever I would check my email I got excited when there was a message about getting a comment on a post. I loved reading what people had to say about my posts. I also did not like them because I could not always find three posts to write 100 words back to. I hate word requirements and believe that if I can get my point across in less than the requirement, it should be acceptable. I hated blabbing on about some posts when I only had ten words to go. My least favorite thing about the class was only knowing people by an alias name. One of you could be my BFF! A way to improve the class could be not having to meet in person for the last group project. People take online classes so they do not have to leave home or because they are antisocial. Others do not have time to go to campus. Scheduling my groups facilitation took a while because everyone’s schedule was so different. I had to miss a class and another had to stick around campus for three hours after class. I am glad I took the class though.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with you on the comment part on other people blog. Sometime I find it really difficult to actually meet the words requirement. I want to make comments on other people blog about how well their explanation of a topic, but that sometime does not take a 100 words to do so. However, I think that one hundred words are not too much. I also have to agree with you on the group project. I really enjoyed meeting my group members but it was difficult. Everyone have different schedule. I end up taking almost half a day off from work to go down to San Jose. Over all this class is a great experience for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you as well. Many people that I have talked to in the class have repeatedly told me that they sometimes just blab on in their posts and comments to reach word limit. If they can get their point across in less than 150 words for the blog posts and less than 100 words for the comments, then it should be fine. I found that a lot of people would just blab on about something just to reach their word limit or they would say how great the person’s post was and thanks for posting it. This really had nothing to do with the class. I even found myself doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete